Exploration Station Jr.
Hands-on, interactive experiences for the littlest scientists.
Exploration Station Jr. is just for early learners – children up through kindergarten. Young explorers can...
- Splash in the water table.
- Working in the ball factory.
- Build a structure in the construction zone.
- Take a break in the Quiet Spot.
- Climb through tree trunks or creep through pipes.
- Build with blue blocks.
- Make music with percussion instruments.
Me and My Big Mouth!
Good dental hygiene starts even before the first teeth are in. Carnegie Science Center is helping teach parents to involve their toddlers in dental care, with support from GSK.
- Jumbo Toothbrush Photo Op: Snap a fun memento showing your toddler dwarfed by the 6-foot toothbrush.
- Baby Teeth: A series of graphics and mirrors helps parents and children to see the development of their teeth and what is still to come – or go!
- X-Ray Light Box: Children can swap out x-rays of teeth and jaws to see the development of their mouths over time.
- Brushing Practice: A jumbo set of teeth and a foot-long toothbrush give toddlers a chance to "brush up" on their dental hygiene skills.
- Tooth Stools: Giant teeth are just the right height to sit on – and for another photo op!