Covestro Pittsburgh Regional Science & Engineering Fair
March 29–30, 2019 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh
In 2019, the Covestro Pittsburgh Regional Science & Engineering Fair (Covestro PRSEF) will celebrate its 80th year of open competition of research projects in the fields of science, mathematics and engineering on March 29 (competition day) and March 30 (awards ceremony) at Heinz Field. This competition is open to all students in grades 6–12 from 21 counties in Western Pennsylvania and Garrett County in Maryland.
2019 Covestro PRSEF
March 29-30, 2019
As the only local International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) affiliated fair, Covestro PRSEF will nominate Senior Division students to attend ISEF in 2018. Additionally, Covestro PRSEF will nominate middle school students to attend the Broadcom MASTERS Middle School Program held annually in October in Washington, DC.
2019 Covestro PRSEF Guidebook – Available August 2018
2019 ISEF Preliminary Application – Available August 2018
- School Registration Deadline – Nov. 15, 2018 (Online Registration will be available in September)
- Student Registration – January 4, 2019 except those requiring pre-approval and schools with school science fairs. Online student registration will open in September.
- Pre-approval Projects: Human subjects, non-human vertebrate animals, potentially hazardous biological agents and hazardous chemicals, activities and devices must be submitted by November 30, 2018.
- School Science Fairs: February 1, 2019.
Deadlines to attend ISEF
(9th - 12th grade only):
- Students must be a Covestro PRSEF participant and complete the appropriate paperwork to apply for ISEF.
- One copy of research paper and application must be mailed to Carnegie Science Center* – March 1, 2019
- One copy of research paper emailed – March 1, 2019
- Final paperwork submission to ISEF by winners – April 2, 2019
- ISEF prep session – April 2019
- ISEF – May 12-17, 2019 in Phoenix, Arizona
*Carnegie Science Center
Attn: Stuart McNiell
One Allegheny Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212