Covestro Pittsburgh Regional Science & Engineering Fair
March 23 – 24, 2018 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh
In 2018, the Covestro Pittsburgh Regional Science & Engineering Fair (Covestro PRSEF) will celebrate its 79th year of open competition of research projects in the fields of science, mathematics and engineering on March 23 (competition day) and March 24 (awards ceremony) at Heinz Field. This competition is open to all students in grades 6-12 from 21 counties in Western Pennsylvania and Garrett County in Maryland.
2018 Covestro PRSEF
March 23-24, 2018
2018 Intel ISEF
May 13-18, 2018
As the only local International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) affiliated fair, Covestro PRSEF will nominate Senior Division students to attend ISEF in 2018. Additionally, Covestro PRSEF will nominate middle school students to attend the Broadcom MASTERS Middle School Program held annually in October in Washington, DC.
Download 2018 Covestro PRSEF Guidebook
Download 2018 ISEF Preliminary Application
- School Registration Deadline – Nov. 15, 2017 (Online Registration will be available in September)
- Student Registration – January 5, 2018 except those requiring pre-approval and schools with school science fairs. Online student registration will open in September.
- Pre-approval Projects: Human subjects, non-human vertebrate animals, potentially hazardous biological agents and hazardous chemicals, activities and devices must be submitted by December 3, 2017.
- School Science Fairs: February 2, 2018.
Deadlines to attend ISEF
(9th - 12th grade only):
- Students must be a Covestro PRSEF participant and complete the appropriate paperwork to apply for ISEF.
- One copy of research paper and application – March 1, 2018
- One copy of research paper emailed – March 1, 2018
- Final paperwork submission to ISEF by winners – April 3, 2018
- ISEF prep session – April 2018
- ISEF – May 13-18, 2018 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania