Broadcom MASTERS program
September 20, 2017
Broadcom MASTERS, the nation's most prestigious middle school STEM competition, announced that three Covestro PRSEF students are among 30 national finalists. These students will be competing for more than $100,000 in awards, including a top prize of $25,000. The students representing Covestro PRSEF are:
- Sanjay Seshan (8th Grade), Dorseyville Middle School; Project: Keeping Our Heads Above Water: Early Detection of Stress in Buried Water Pipes
- Meghna Behari (8th Grade) Marshall Middle School; Project: Aquabot: An Integrated Modular Platform for Testing and Monitoring Surface Water Quality
- Nora Navid (8th Grade) Shady Side Academy; Project: Polling Pollinators: Do Pollinators Prefer Native Plants, Cultivars, or Nativars? A Two-Year Study
- The finalists include 15 girls and 15 boys covering 17 states and representing 30 schools. California has the most finalists with ten, followed by Pennsylvania with three, and two each from New York and Florida.
- Finalists were selected by a panel of distinguished scientists and engineers from among the Top 300 MASTERS and 2,499 applicants representing 49 states and 4 U.S. territories, and 1 military base abroad.
Note: Last year, our PRSEF student, Aria Eppinger (age 15) won the $20,000 Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Award for Health Advancement for showing the most promise in health-related fields
Good luck to all of our finalists!