Essential Steps to Success
All Forms Are Available Online
- Pick a topic of interest.
- Develop a research plan.
- Before you start your research, complete approval forms
- Form 1, Checklist for Adult Sponsor
- Forms 1A, Student Checklist
- Research Plan (page 2 of Form 1A)
- Form 1B, Approval Form
- Signature page from online registration
- Mail the forms to the Covestro PRSEF Office. Teachers will receive an email either requesting additional information or approving your research.
- When you receive a confirmation notice of approval—START YOUR RESEARCH!
- Note: Keep track of all your data in a project data book.
- Examine and organize your results.
- Draw conclusions and write your research paper.
- Assemble your display and construct your presentation board.
- All students must be registered on or before January 5, 2018. Schools with school science fairs must contact the PRSEF office for deadlines.
- In mid-March, Fair Day logistics will be mailed to the teachers to share with the students.
What You Must Bring to the Science Fair?
- Presentation Board
- Project Data Book
- Research Paper (not required, but recommended)
Be Ready to Present
- Your understanding of your research. You will be interviewed by the judges, and you should be able to communicate your research effectively.
- Signed copies of forms. Although copies were sent with the registration form, students should bring a duplicate set to the fair.
Reminder: Student's name or school's name should not appear anywhere on the presentation board or paperwork. A liquid correction fluid can be used where necessary.