Chevron Center for STEM Education and Career Development
Mission and Goals
The mission of Carnegie Science Center's Chevron Center for STEM Education and Career Development is to be a leader in creating and delivering high quality and effective STEM education programs by focusing on the following goals:
- Collaboration: to serve as a "town square" to bring together all stakeholders to collectively address STEM education in our region with a multifaceted approach that includes student programming, teacher training, business and industry needs, and government initiatives.
- Great Teaching: to strengthen STEM teaching at all grade levels, pre-K through 12, by helping to shape a core of highly capable and inspirational STEM teachers through partnerships with ASSET for the Teacher Education Center; and with the Math & Science Collaborative.
- Inspired Learners: to inspire student appreciation and excitement for STEM programs and careers to increase success and achievement in school and opportunities for a college education, especially among females and students of color.
- A Committed Community: to achieve, through a public awareness initiative and the nurturing of partnerships, a sustained commitment to improving STEM education through innovation, communication, collaboration, evaluation and data-based decision making from a broad cross-section of the community, including business leaders, government officials, STEM educators, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Provide experiences for schools and the public that promote interest and participation in regional growth areas: biotechnology, information technology, robotics, advanced materials processes, environmental technology, and nanotechnology.
- Connect participants with leading professionals in a fun, dynamic atmosphere.