Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, non job-related disability or genetic information as those terms are defined under applicable law.
JOB ID: 1572
JOB TITLE: Part-Time Program Presenter - Interactive Exhibits
LOCATION: Carnegie Science Center
DESCRIPTION: Do you love science and people? If you answered yes, then Carnegie Science Center's Interactive Exhibits Department is looking for you! Enthusiastic, energetic applicants with a background in Science, Education or Theater preferred. Must be willing to learn and interact with visitors of all ages. This position requires standing for long periods of time and a fun sense of humor! Pay begins at $9.00/hr.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for engaging students and guests in exhibit galleries and in hands-on activities and demonstrations.
• Applicants should be good communicators, have the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
• This position requires individuals who are comfortable speaking in front of audiences and delivering science and STEM instruction to guests of all ages.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Enthusiastic, friendly, outgoing; must love working with children and guests.
• Reliable, organized, self-starter.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Excellent communication skills; presentation and public speaking.
• Qualified applicants will demonstrate a willingness to learn.
• Demonstrates commitment to CSC's vision, mission and values.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, nights and weekends as necessary.
Must be able to stand for extended periods
Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh is interested in candidates who, through their experience and collaborations, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the Carnegie Museums community.
The following PA Act 153 clearances, or proof of application of clearances, are required prior to beginning employment and as a condition of continued employment:
• Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
• Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
• FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background Check
Obtaining the required clearances is part of the orientation process. However, if you would like more information, please visit Keep Kids Safe.
Carnegie Museums is an EEO-1 Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability