- Architecture Blocks: See how far your imagination can take you as you build with basic shapes – the same shapes that have created almost endless structures throughout history!
- Catenary Arch: Using numbered blocks, you can see Newton’s Third Law at work in this fun, builder activity!
- SOMA Cube: Sit at the table, select an earthquake, and feel the shake.
NETL Energy Zone
In partnership with the National Energy Technology Laboratory
- Circuit Station: Basic electricity for everyone – connect wires to power circuits!
- Energy Challenge game: Grab a few friends or family members and step up to this interactive kiosk game show. Two individuals or teams challenge each other for the title of Energy Champion!
- Energy Quiz: Test your knowledge of energy consumption! This exhibit presents visitors with pairs of appliances and asks which of the two uses more energy.
- Laz-R Graph: Make your own laser design!
- Power House: Flip switches on a miniature house to see how much energy you use – or can save – with various appliances.
- Power Station: Turn cranks to generate electricity. How much effort does it take to turn on the light bulb? To make the fan go? Which light bulb takes the most energy?
- Rebound: Ricochet balls on a tabletop!
- Ring Launcher: Participants press a button to initiate an electric current, producing an electromagnet that forces a metal ring to be swiftly launched up a pole.
Forces of Nature
- Aeolian Winds: Turn knobs to control wind direction and watch how the winds alter land formation.
- Earthquake Café: Sit at the table, select an earthquake, and feel the shake.
- What’s Shakin’?: Build with blocks, then push a button to shake the table. Did your structure stay up? Try again! What makes buildings stronger?