Preschool Scientists Programs
For Little Scientists
Capacity: 30 students
Time required: 45 minutes
Fee: $125 for each presentation
2 program minimum April-May.
Single programs available June-March.
Choose from these topics
- NEW! Inside, Outside, Head to Toe – Use pretend and dramatic play to learn about your amazing human body!
- Ready, Set, Roll! – Tackle the 'E' in STEM (engineering) as you build your own ramp, then test how far your ball can roll! Looking for a more in-depth experience with ramps? Ask about our NEW four-week classroom residencies.
- DUPLO Math – Practice your building, sorting, and pattern-making as you put the ‘M’ in STEM (math) with Duplo building blocks.
- Animysteries – Explore your senses through the mystery of animal communication!
- Hello Robo! – What is a robot and what does it do? Learn about the ‘T’ in STEM (technology) as you interact with some robots! This project is supported in part by Spark, a program of The Sprout Fund.
- Bubble Science – Explore the ‘S’ in STEM (science) with amazing bubbles and bubble blowers.
- Wiggly Worms – Open your eyes to the world of worms through literature and observing live composting worms.
- Creepy Crawly – Investigate insect parts and behavior through song and dance, and make bug antennae to take home.
- Rah, Rah, Recycling – Help a fishy friend clean up his river home, then create an environmentally friendly project to keep!
Up in the Air
How do we know the air is there? Is anything lighter than air? Investigate these questions and be blown away by our amazing air and wind devices.
Big Sound, Little Sound
Identify animal sounds and investigate how musical instruments work. Explore the differences between high and low, loud and soft sounds... then make some noise yourself!
Find out how far a grasshopper can hop, how butterflies get their wings, and more incredible insect insights! Note: For a hands-on program with live bugs, try Creepy Crawly or Wiggly Worms!
Developed in partnership with Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Capacity: 200 students
Time required: 30 minutes
Fee: $375 includes set-up and one presentation
$175 for each repeat presentation.
Early Learner Family Science Events
All the fun of our regular Family Science events made especially for the smallest scientists and their families!
Choose from these topics
- Icky, Slimy, Sticky
- Spring into Science
- Hello Robo!
- Art and Science
Fee: $350 for two hours of activity time
Requirements: 12 – 15 volunteers to monitor tables. Training will take place 30 minutes before event.
Get a Free Show! The Shop 'n Save® SEED program will bring any program listed with this logo to your school at no cost to you. Just collect Shop 'n Save receipts!
Call 412.449.0157 for more info.